Wiring a House: 5th Edition (For Pros By Pros)
Current with codes through 2017: For Pros By Pros: Builder Tested / Code-Approved
Updated classic. Wiring a House: 5th Edition, is a must-have reference on home wiring – essential for homeowners, electricians, and apprentices. You’ll find all the information is updated to the latest electrical code and contains significant revisions that impact residential work, including:
- Expanded AFCI and GFCI protection in homes
- New approaches to ensure the safety of photovoltaic (PV) electrical systems
- New methods to distribute low voltage power
- New DC provisions designed to save energy lost in conversion from AC
- Updated to the 2014 NEC (current through 2017)
Written in plain language. Author Rex Cauldwell shares his wealth of experience in a simple, straightforward manner. He covers all the basics from idiot-proof advice on how to keep track of your tools – cart them in bins in a little red wagon – to the highly technical aspects of wiring, and tried-and-true industry tips.
Current and accurate information. Wiring a House is a comprehensive guide written by a master electrician with over 37 years of experience. An indispensable reference for keeping pros up-to-date, it also provides apprentices and homeowners an accessible reference with the latest information:
- 350 full-color photographs
- 120 instructive illustrations
- Plus information on lighting, inverters, and electrical vehicle chargers.